I think I might be inspired by Carol's #5 on her "Top Ten Things only Women Understand" but tonight I was washing my hair (and i wasn't "washing my hair" as a great excuse to not go out on a date, hee hee, I was ACTUALLY washing my hair). Anyway...i was washing my hair and I realized that i've been keeping my greatest secret to happiness from all of you, so I thought I'd share it!
As a precourser...I'm the type of person that reads instructions to everything...EVERYTHING. When I got my new macbook, I started reading the instruction manual (seth thought i was crazy!) before I turned it on, and i followed the instructions to a tee. I remember growing up when we got a new tv, dad was trying to figure something out with it, and i was in the background reading the instruction manual so i could tell him if he was doing it right (i am annoying, i know). I just really like instructions.
So anyway, I've always been one to read everything on a bottle in the shower, too. So when a shampoo bottle says "Wet Hair. Pour a quarter sized amount into palm. Lather. Rinse. Repeat." or "Apply to wet hair, gently massage lather through hair, rinse thoroughly. Repeat if desired." or (my personal favorite) "Dispense into palm and rub hands together. Apply shampoo to wet hair, massaging scalp with fingertips in a rotating motion. Work lather through to ends. Rinse thoroughly and repeat if desired." I always used to laugh when it said "REPEAT." In my mind I'd think "WHO HAS TIME FOR SUCH A THING??" or "I bet the shampoo companies make a killing off all the instruction followers out there in the world!!"
Well, one time i was at my hair dresser's and I said "I have a question. Why do shampoo bottles always tell us to 'rinse, repeat?' are they really just trying to get us to waste more shampoo?" Meredith laughed and said "Well, actually if you wash your hair twice, the first time the shampoo takes off all of the outer gunk from the product in your hair, and the second time it actually washes your hair to make it squeaky clean." Ah-HA! Soooo...I tried it out.
IT WAS AMAZING! (Okay, another confession as a precourser to this (man this is a long post, i didn't mean to go on so....) I don't wash my hair every day...it gets too dry and is just far to damaged if i do....I have to work to get any form of good hair that doesn't resemble a cat that just had a fight in an electrical storm, and if i washed every day i would just spend far too much time than i have in my life for such things...) So because I only wash my hair every other or every three days I've found this to be just the ticket to shiny manageable clean and non-icky hair!!! I do still have unreasonable hair days, but not NEARLY so often, and my hair stays clean feeling-and-looking about twice as long!
So next time you're in the shower....just remember...
"Rinse, Repeat!"
p.s. Also, a short commercial for the best haircare products in the world, Pureology. I have the blue, the purple, the green and the yellow, and I love them all. Worth the price, they last forever!!!
9 comments:
So, I don't wash my hair every day either. I think in high school I washed it every other day just cause my skin was more oily back in those days, but I've always been more dry than oily and now I'm even more dry. Now it's about every 3 days. I've never tried the rinse & repeat ... will have to try to remember to do that next time! :)
jane my dear, so much information, but oh so valuable!
how are you doing?
i've been looking at your blog for some time now. glad to hear that you are loving the east coast still. i have to admit, i miss it like crazy at times.
congrats on the new car.
Jane - thanks for sharing!! I love it when girls share tips or give suggestions that make life easier or better. Nice to know!
Thanks for the info. And have been needing a new shampoo, I will have to give Pureology a try.
Excellent instruction from an expert :). This was great!
you are just too funny!! I might have to try that!
excellent advice Jane! I'm going to have to try pureology, and try the repeating process (kinda like the repenting process) he he.
wow I've never washed twice either. Sounds perfect though, particularly for those of us who wash every other day. Excellent!
A, I also read instructions, particularly in games, which is most annoying to people. B, I heard about the washing hair twice thing a few months ago from a hair dresser and man... it does feel good! Here in Hawaii, though, my two hair washings days are few and far between. My hair already gets so many washings in between ocean time and sometimes showering twice a day, that I really can't wash twice otherwise my hair would REALLY freak out. One of these days! Thanks for talking about shampoo. It made me happy. :)
Post a Comment