Friday, September 14, 2007

MY MacBook!


I am very proud to introduce you to MY Macbook. After leaving CUA, I realized that I'd need to give up my laptop, as it is a part of the juggernaut, MLP. I quickly put my mind into "I need a new computer" mode and slept on the decision. It finally came down to a Dell Inspiron (pink...) or a Macbook. I called Dell and spoke with them, figuring it would be cheaper, and as I brought in my specifications, the wait time got longer and longer and the price got higher and higher. I got off the phone with an eager sales associate telling me she would "Call me back in just a few hours!" to give me an even better deal. I thought about it for almost ten minutes before I made the executive decision to just buy a macbook. With some encouragement from Seth, I went to the mall to get my hair cut and colored, to buy a new work outfit, and to buy a macbook with associated products (see next post).

So three hours later I was pretty much a new woman! New hair, new clothes, new macbook, free printer, and $50 iPod. The total bill for everything at the mall was less than the total quoted price for the Dell, AND i got it all in one day!

Needless to say, my quality of life has improved with this purchase. It takes me a full 10 minutes less per day to navigate myself through the web (my old computer was very slow...) and as soon as I get my pictures on the macbook, everything will be up to date, and I will officially be a MacWoMan!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like a very fun and exciting day! Good for you, but I am totally jealous too!

Amy D. said...

Let's see a picture of the new MacWoMan! The macbook looks great. Good job, Janey!