Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday!!!!

Well, I'm 26. It was a fantastic birthday! Seth and I celebrated on the 19th since I had the day off. Seth worked for a bit while I shopped, then he came back and we went to dinner (pictures to follow!!! Waaaaayy too late to be uploading right now...) at the Daily Grill, one of my faves. They fed us yummy desserts for free, and then we came home and watched "24" and stayed up until midnight so we could ring in my day of birth!!! Seth gave me an iPod touch because he's pretty much telepathic and knew that's exactly what I wanted (YAY!) so now I can join in the other iTouch iPhoners in the family and explore the many iTunes applications. It's pretty awesome!

All day I felt so loved, from facebook messages, wall posts, emails, phone calls, IMs, and the biggest parties ever in DC! I loved watching the innauguration and even got teary when they showed all the sites of DC...it made me miss the district sooo much (but then I walked outside and it was 70 degrees and i didn't miss it quite so much...) :)

Tonight Seth was supposed to have bishopric meeting, but they cancelled it (I like to think in honor of me...) so Seth and I got to hang out again! We were pretty tired from our day so we went to a local salad place and then got my free birthday coldstone before watching the office from last week and part of american idol. And here I sit, blogging before bedtime....

I have to say one of my favorite parts of the day was reading my google reader and coming across this article. I thought it was real and started reading to seth before I realized it was the Onion, but it's still probably one of my favorite moments of today. :)

It's an exciting day--a day of change, of new beginnings, and of celebration! Happy January 20th people!

7 comments:

cameron said...

happy birthday... tuesday...

love ya!

Amy D. said...

Um, Happy, Happy Day to you, Janey! I thought of you once and smiled :). Love you, Love you!

Jilene said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe we are 26...I don't feel that old. It looks like you had a fun celebration.

Dave and Stephanie said...

happy birthday! it sounded great! you and my hubby share the same bday! yea for january 20th!

Tom and Heather said...

Happy birthday, Jane! Hooray for January babies - mine's on the 10th! Sounds like you had a great time, and you bet the whole country was celebrating for you!

CeeJ said...

I know I already told you... but I'm telling you again!!!

Happy Birday Gibler! lol

Sarah Stout said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe I forgot it! I seriously was thinking that it was sometime this week, but I couldn't remember when. Dang it! Oh well... happy belated birthday. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. :)