Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pooh-Tan Fabric

This is an update to my post on my Quilt Exchange!

I joined the quilt exchange and bought my fabric the first day...remember the cute blue fabric?

Well, two weeks later it still hadn't arrived, so I emailed the website i bought it from and got the following message in response:

"Hello Jane,

Sorry for the delay...I've been out of the country for approx. 3 weeks.
Unfortunately we had a huge sale while I was away and the fabric you ordered
was sold. Normally, I'm not away from the store for more than 2 or 3 days.
My 1 of many jobs this week is to update our on-line store. I apolopgize(sic)
for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Happy Quilting,
Alyson"

Well....needless to say I was a little bugged/bummed about the whole thing. I quickly got on several other websites (including Denise Schmit, the designer of the fabric) and had absolutely NO LUCK finding my fabric. I even emailed some girls on etsy who were selling things made out of the fabric to see if i could buy some from them. It was pretty devastating, it's my favorite fabric ever and I couldn't find it anywhere!

Taryn and I started scouting for another fabric that wasn't in use, and boy, did we have trouble! We couldn't find any of the Fancy Flea Market Fabric ANYWHERE!!!

Finally Taryn emailed me this japanese website and said "look, they have it here!" and since I was getting desperate, I asked seth that night if he could help me translate it and so i could buy some american fabric from the online japanese store. Click here to see the store!

Surprisingly, it was fairly easy to get on and figure out what they were asking for...and even though the exchange rate stinks right now, it still was relatively inexpensive! Taryn and I got a big kick out of the fact that we were ordering fabric from Japan!

I emailed the store with my order and asked them if they could please let me know if they shipped internationally, and they replied and said they did, that it would take 2-3 days, and that shipping would be $6. Boy, what a deal! When i try to buy clothes from Layers clothing it takes 5-7 days and the shipping is $14, and they're in UTAH!!!

Well, my fabric came, and it's pretty great. The only thing is that they measure in cm, so i had guessed incorrectly on the yardage i needed, so I just ordered some more from them, but it still was a great deal!

Come to me for your international shopping needs, friends!!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

ha ha! hilarious! i still love that it's from japan.

Jen said...

that is so funny!!! I am impressed that she found that site!! and it is still cute fabric. I had to look up your older post to check it out. and it is cute! way to go! you had me scared thinking you got some tan fabric that was the color of pooh from the title of your post!!

Amy D. said...

How funny is this that you get the fabric you like from Japan! Mae wants stuffed animals from Japan, but we can't read the web sites! Way to work it out.