Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cara's Vegas Wedding!

NOTE: The pictures aren't coordinated with the Story. Sorry! I just wanted to put so many in that i couldn't align them :)

Not even two weeks after Ann's wedding, I got to fly out and go to Cara Hadley's wedding! It was so fun to see my dear BFF get married, I'm so glad I got to make the trip out and see her on her special day :)

I flew into Vegas on Friday night and Cara and Brandon picked me up from the 'port. We headed back to their new apartment and Brandon made us YUMMMY YUMMY Smoothies while Cara and I chatted chatted chatted and I admired her wedding dress and other new clothes! (typical...) It was sooooo fun to chill out with my BFF and her soon-to-be husband. The smoothies were delicious, I should have taken a picture! We also opened wedding presents, which I think might be the "funnest" thing ever. Stackable baking racks? What a GREAT IDEA! Silicone coated stirr-ers and wire whisks? EVEN BETTER! Man, this "I have my own kitchen with nice new things in it" is a little too much for my brain to absorb. Lucky! (Thanks for the dress idea, Ann!)

Brandon took off a little later and Cara and I talked more and more and more. I've always wondered what the night before a wedding is like...and I think Cara showed us that it's pretty regular--we still stayed up until 1:30 AM, we still talked about all the Sugar City updates, and laughed about our newest theories in life. Sigh. Life is just happy, right?

We woke up the next morning and went to get Cara's hair done. I sported my leggings with my purple dress, that cara thought was absolutely hideous and that i think is awesome. I swear, whatever happened to my "never ever ever ever will i be in the 80's again" thing? In my defense, the legging/dress thing is actually cute and not 80's so much. It's more...um....a reasonably warm way to wear a dress and still look chic. Anyway....
ISN'T CARA PRETTY!!!! Look how cute they are :)

Cara's hair dresser was SOOOOO funny. She was totally adorable and we laughed and laughed as she skillfully set Cara's hair. Cara made sure that her hair didn't look like Emma Smith's (by pulling up the curls on the sides) and also made sure it didn't look like "Anne of Green Gables" by making sure it was pinned tight enough. it was funny because as we were both watching her hair, I had both of the exact same thoughts...I kept thinking "hmmm it's kind of like Anne of Green gables, maybe we should request it tighter..." but before i could say it, Cara came out with it! Two great minds think of the same movies, right? Anyway, the hair. turned out. BEAUTIFUL! It was in this cool double french twist with some unique rolls in the back. It was perfect and went so well with the dress, too! Way to go Cara and Brianne!

We came back to the house and got ready, and then Cara's Mom and Kenneth came over, we ate some YUMMY homemade mac and cheese, and then took off for the temple! After Cara went in, I was waiting outside and saw....THE HOWELLS! I was so excited that I accidentally hung up on Seth and ran up to them to re-introduce myself and talk for a few minutes. They are just such a lovely couple, I could hang on their every word. They're still living in St. George and loving it--Pres. Howell does guided tours of the historic sites in the area--wouldn't it be fun to go on one?

Cara's sealing was beautiful. She cried and I didn't--that's a first! :) Afterward we went and laced up the beautiful back of cara's dress and then came out for pictures. Cara's neices are ADORABLE. I held Addy up so she could see Cara come out in her Princess dress, and then Hadley and Addy got to take pictures with my camera....Look how cute they are!

We took pictures around the temple, and then I took off to go to IN-N-OUT burger. MMMM.
Okay. This is quite possibly my favorite picture in the world. I just loved how Cara and Brandon, knowing that some pictures can seem silly, made fun of themselves and made me laugh really hard.... :)
The reception was at Brandon's Brother's house in his back yard. Cara got her Citrus Dream wedding, complete with Fruit bowls on the tables (oranges, lemons, and limes), colored squares over white table cloths, Lemonade, Fruit Skewers, and Cream Puffs! Her cake was awesome too--a friend made it for her, and it had a layer of orange cake, a layer of green cake, and a layer of yellow cake--just like a citrus tree! I've heard of the Citrus theme wedding for years now and was so glad to see it come to pass. Good job on the planning, Hadleys and Hafens!

After the reception I stayed with Cara's old neighbor Ashley in this dream room:

And the next morning Nice Annie took me to the airport! What a fun weekend!

2 comments:

angryyoungwoman said...

Cara didn't even tell me she was getting married! That girl!

Anonymous said...

hey, is this Callie's sister? If so, please ask her to tell Callie hi from me, and I have been looking for her! I love that girl. Sounds like you had fun.