Friday, December 07, 2007

Fun Christmas questions! Thanks Mary (and Marne)

1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Oooo, Well I have hot chocolate every morning for breakfast, so Egg Nog is a special treat for the holidays. The Egg Nog Steamer at Starbucks is DELIGHTFUL.

2) Do you wrap your presents or not?
Yes, but usually everyone knows what they are because I can't keep a secret...

3) Colored lights or white?
White!

4) Do you hang mistletoe?
Everywhere I can think of!

5) When do you put up your decorations?
Ummm, I'm not married so I don't have Christmas decorations yet. I was thinking of buying a little tree for my room but I don't think i have the space or the money. I will count Mom and Dad's decorations as mine!

6) What is your favorite holiday dish?
Peppermint Ice Cream (like the one on Alison's blog!)

7) Favorite memory as a child?
The year I got Holly my talking Cabbage Patch Kid Doll. I got really sick that night and was throwing up, and after I threw up, Holly the talking doll said "Gee, that was FUNNY, can you please do that again?" I also really love that Holly's name came from the Bear (now named Larry) that Mary got and I heard her in passing say she might name Holly. I went straight to Mom and Dad and told them that my new doll's name was Holly, so Mary opted for Larry for the bear. Mary, I'm STILL really sorry about that, but I think Larry was meant to be a boy, right?? (did I just publish this awful story about myself??)

8) When and how did you learn about Santa?
I remember leaving carrots and a chocolate cookie out for Santa one year (when we still lived in Bishop's or Strong's house), and the next morning I came out and nothing had been eaten. I went to Dad and told him how sad I was, and he had me go into my room, and then I came out again and he showed me a half eaten cookie and some carrot ends. He told me Santa had eaten it, I just hadn't noticed. The story goes that I asked him "Then why do you have chocolate on your lip, then??" hee hee.

9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, I used to open all my friend presents on Christmas Eve.

10) How do you decorate your tree?
Ummm, one year my at-the-time boyfriend Steve gave me a tree to ask me to a dance, so I had a tree with fiberoptic lights on it in my room. Does that count? (Man, I'm beginning to sound pathetic, like I don't celebrate or something. I promise, my macbook has electronic light decorations on the screen and a little christmas countdown on the dashboard...)

11) Snow...love it or dread it?
DREAD IT. Bring on ARIZONA!!!

12) Can you ice skate?
Yes, I'm pretty good at it! Must be due to the fine tutoring I had from Mary on Roller Skating as a child. I think it translates directly over! Thanks Mary!!! (Do you forgive me for the Holly incident, yet??)

13) Do you remember your favorite gift?
Oh Samantha Parkington, American Girl Doll. I couldn't even SLEEP the night before in anticipation and hope for Samantha, i Pored over the magazine for MONTHS debating what I really wanted. I came out on Christmas morning just looking and looking for her...and couldn't find her anywhere. Mom and Dad pointed out the American Girl box, and we ripped it open and pulled her out....I STILL remember getting teary (and I'm tearing up right now...) and just LOVING the next four years of my life when I played with Samantha every day. I also really loved the year that I got a new head for Samantha because her hair was all messy. Oh don't we just LOVE the simplicity of Childhood!

14) What is the most important part of the holidays?
Family.

15) Favorite holiday dessert?
I love the peppermint bark and I love Peppermint Ice Cream. Have I mentioned that I'm obsessed with minty breath?

16) Favorite tradition?
Joseph Smith's Birthday. Christmas Eve Program. The Price-Gee family Christmas Party. Our family christmas songs.

17) Favorite Christmas Carol? I like "O Holy Night"

8 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks Jane! Love your honest story about Holly and Larry. I love that Mary named her bear Larry...

Mary said...

Great Jane! All is forgiven, but it did take me a few years to get over the Holly incident. I so got in trouble for being sad about that. I'm fine though, really. No, really. I totally remember you and Samantha. That was too cute. I just love you!!

Harper said...

I enjoyed this post a lot, Jane! You're fun!

I, too, received a Samantha Parkington doll one Christmas. And like you, I couldn't sleep the night before.

Yay for American Girls! :)

Carol said...

Your stories were a riot!! You're so cute Jane!

Jen said...

that was a fun one! i loved the holly story!!

Amy D. said...

This was a sweet trip down memory lane and a glimpse into your life...thanks!

Anonymous said...

I remember back when I was just a blog stalker on your page, reading (I think a caption for a picture) of you celebrating Joseph Smith's birthday...I thought that was so cool, and I plan on doing it with friends this year!

Arizona or bust!!

Marne said...

Great answers Jane! Fun memories.