Last Saturday was the big and much-anticipated move to "the Melrose Place" in my ward. No, it's not REALLY called that, come to find out, it's simply a term that the mormons in the apartment complex began calling it after much drama ensued due to the close proximity of the apartments and the many single mormons living there. This complex is so cute, it probably has about 24 4 story condos with brick walkways that lead up to the doors and cute lamp posts and plants everywhere. (I'll post pictures when I can). Out of the 24 condos, there are 8 that are occupied by members of the Colonial 1st and Crystal City Wards...a grand total of about 40 singles.
Lest anyone think I'm moving there for the drama...I'm certainly not!!! I was lucky to move in with some great girls and have a great setup! It's been so fun to put everything together and know that I'm safe and sound in a little tight-knit community (my previous house did not even have dead bolts, CRAZY!!!).
I'm SOOOOO grateful for all the help I had in moving. My friend Julie, without a second thought, found out when i was moving and asked what time she should show up. What a relief to have such a steadfast friend! The morning of the move my roommates Jenny and Tracy graciously offered their help. While we were bringing one load to my new house Jenny organized my entire room!! They're both amazing, and so kind and helpful! Thanks to Brian for the use of his truck! Seth, of course, was with me every step of the way and beyond, and was such a HUGE help in organizing the truck, helping me pack my stuff up, endless lifting and transporting (in a stick shift truck!), and helping calm my nerves and settle me in and listen to earloads and earloads of emotions (well, that's true of most family and friends in the past week, thanks to all of you, too!!!!).
After tomorrow, I'm hoping to have everything up and organized and set to go, then i can post pictures of my cute new condo!!
5 comments:
How fun! What good friends...and what a good Seth :) I love getting to re-organize and redecorate a new place. I have to rearrange my bedroom every few months just because I love the change!
Anyhow, I can't wait to see photos- and when are you guys coming back here?
I am so excited for your move! I hope you love it!
So glad you have a great new place! Hope it is everything you are looking for and MORE!!
how fun! i love moving and getting everything all clean and organized and stuff! that is awesome you have such awesome friends to help you!
i hope you love it!
Glad you had so much help moving! Good luck in your new pad :)
Post a Comment