Monday, December 24, 2007
All Grown Up
I just have to share my 'profound realization' this weekend. It all started with blog reading. Every time I read someone's blog, I would get teary (either happy tears or sad tears depending on the content). THEN, I was at church yesterday and I got teary at every single christmas story that was told during the program. Every time i got teary I'd look around and sure enough, all of the ladies were crying, too. The men sat stone faced and the kids had blank stares...so I thought "where am I classifying myself by these tears?? That's right...with the ladies." This continued in Sunday school when we watched Luke 2 with "breath of heaven" in the background...Tears again! (not like sobs or hormonal tears, just the 'oh how touching' tear well up-but-not-spilling-over tears). You'd think after one performance of breath of heaven i'd be good, but later last night we went to The Mesa Temple Christmas Lights & Program, and when the Wright family singers (consisting of about 100 people all in the same family who all had amazing hair and beautiful faces and perfect pitch) sang breath of heaven the tears welled up again. Phew, what a day! Being a grown up can be hard in more ways than one, huh? :) (hee hee...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know, we live in Mesa too right? if you are ever bored, just come on by.
it is weird being a grown up! i got so much more teary after kids too, so just wait!!!
Post a Comment