Monday, January 16, 2012

Uh-oh

Earlier today I posted on Facebook about how I needed help figuring out what I needed to get together for baby girl Johnson. So many people are so helpful and so supportive...

but guess what? It made me realize how LITTLE I've done, and how much I have left!

With Ryan, I had a spreadsheet with everything I could possibly need, and by 32 weeks i had purchased and crossed everything off that list. I'll be 34 weeks in two days, and I don't think I have a thing! The carseat needs to be washed/recovered, the crib needs to revert from being Ryan's stuffed animal storage to being a crib, new sheets to be ordered, quilts to be finished, bassinet sheets to be washed, nursing bras to be scoped out and figured out so I can purchase with relative ease once I see how ginorm I am, storage for her clothes and necessities, baby carrier to be picked out and purchased, burpcloths to be made/purchased...um, and then the 35 other things that I'm forgetting.

And I have 7 loads of laundry that I can't even manage to do. Don't mention that I need to wash all of baby Girls's clothes, too!

Let the nesting begin!!! :)

Update:

Well, my friends, it turns out a day and a half is all a girl needs to get the real necessities taken care of! I organized my thoughts/wants/needs yesterday, and this morning ventured out to Target and Babies R Us, scoring some GREAT deals and getting *almost* everything I needed for this little one. We're holding out on a few items, knowing that they'll come in or be easy to grab, and I'll make steady progress on the things I "need" to make and we'll be set!

3 comments:

L.S. said...

you'll get there, lady! don't you worry! wish I could come over and help you do stuff!

Cara said...

you can totally do it! i went to the hospital knowing there were things that i should have done, but didn't. do you want your spreadsheet so you can have things to cross off? i wish i could come help you get things done! but you can do it!! i believe in you!!!

Brittany said...

I totally had a spreadsheet with James, too. With this kid I am so unconcerned that I am almost worried. I am not getting her any new bedding (James' stuff is totally fine even though it's kinda boyish) and I will probably even use the same burp rags, although I know there are people out there making more for me that are probably of a more girlish nature.

Don't sweat the small stuff, Jane! I know it's easier said than done. If she has to use a dirty car seat, she will survive and you will probably be happier! :)