I've been feeling really selfish for the last 20 minutes because I realized that I haven't shared my absolute favorite Chicken recipe with the internet, and it's really such a loss, so I thought I'd relieve my conscience and post it here for you all. Let's just say Donna changed my life with this one, it's creamy and delicious and super duper easy. For whatever reason, I just love it more than all the other creamy chicken recipes. And, for the record, if you use canned soup, I do not guarantee the results. It's really just as easy to use the homemade cream of chicken soup from my MIX here, and the results are out of this world.
Cream Cheese Chicken
(From the Hollywood Ward Cookbook 2010, submitted by Donna)
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup (Undiluted) OR a double batch of homemade.
1-8oz Cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat one)
1 Envelope Good Seasons Italian Dressing (Dry)
6-8 Boneless Chicken Breasts
Place 1 can of soup in the crockpot, then layer the chicken over the soup. Slice Cream cheese and lay on top of chicken, followed by the dry dressing mix. Add second can of soup, cover, and cook on high for a few hours or low all day. If you are home and can stir occasionally, you will get a smoother consistency. The gravy is perfect to serve over rice or pasta.
For the record, I usually use 4 chicken breasts and it's great.
Also, if you add the tiniest touch of cream at the end, the creamy results go through the roof.
Also, I always sprinkle Paprika on the top, because Mom taught me that Paprika makes everything a little yummier.
Also, you're welcome. ;) (Haha, I'm cracking myself up today. Pregnancy does weird things to my humor).
Also, Happy New Year! One little word post coming soon....
1 comment:
tasty. so bens mom makes great crout biscuits. Homemade bread - then you cook meat, cabbage and pepper and put the mixture inside and cook individual wraps of sorts. anyway... I am going to make them this week - but since I am in process of dropping the excess weight.. I am going to turn them into lettuce wraps (with ground turkey instead of hamburger meat)... tasty tasty
Post a Comment