Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Green Acres



A few weeks ago I started getting Organic Produce Delivery to my house through a company called Farm Fresh to You. If you've talked to me in the past month, you've probably heard about it, because it makes me SOOOOOO happy!

Lately we've been trying to eat more veggies, so this was kind of the chance for me to make it happen. I have had so much fun putting meals together with my veggies, and finding new ways to use things. The picture doesn't even really do it justice....there was SO much this week!

So...how are we going to eat all those zucchinis, you might ask? Insert Mother's Day Present here:

This, my friends, is a spiralizer! Our good friends the Labaus introduced us to this nifty machine, and we LOVE it! It makes pasta-like swirlies out of vegetables for use as...well, pasta or salad toppings or anything, really! It makes a delicious zucchini pasta dish, and I'm excited for all the other uses (apple cobbler, anyone?)

I told Seth one night that these days my life revolves around babies and food, so I guess this blog will have to do the same. Stay tuned for my bread-making disaster from yesterday, my attempt at banana bread today, and many more to come I'm sure! :)

3 comments:

Amy D. said...

BEAUTIFUL produce! That is a great option for good health. Good job, Janers.

Hilary said...

I am JEALOUS! Seriously awesome.

Sarah Stout said...

Awesome! It makes me want to order vegetables like that. Helps to keep you on your toes in the cooking department. :)