Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day and Womens Week!

And by Mother's day I mean both Mother's Day and MY MOTHER's BIG Day (aka the day she spoke at Women's Conference at BYU!)

After hemming and hawing and trying to decide about flying up for Women's week for MONTHS...literally, on wednesday morning I was running and decided I couldn't live with the regret of not going, so less than 24 hours later I was on a plane to Utah. It was a great decision, I was so glad I got to be there for it.

I flew in Thursday and spent the evening with the family, and then got to go down to Provo and stay with my long-time friend Katharine and her adorable family! We spent Friday morning together and then she watched Ryan while I headed up to BYU campus!


Alumni Center


Mom with the two Aunt Pats (aren't they so cute!)

Nelson-Side Cousins and Aunts. I love these ladies!

Some of the sisters (miss you Carol!) Also...seriously where did my hair color come from?

Morfords + Nelson side cousins before the presentation!




Mom was so beautiful up at the pulpit speaking. She has such a good presence and spirit, I felt so at peace listening to her speak. And her message was needed and so good for me to hear (and everyone else, there were tears all around!)

I love Utah. Ahhhh, and just seeing the mountains brings tranquility to life!


On to Mother's day. What a beautiful holiday to celebrate! I was a little teary at times thinking about my friend Julies and her very different mother's day (her mom passed away a few months ago) but it was nice to look at Mother's day from the perspective of all the different types of feelings we have about our Moms on this special day.

This was the perfect card I found for Mother's day. It sums up what i feel better than I could express:

To My Mother
I don't know if you realize how much I admire you, but I do.

You've been a role model for me,
not just in the way you raised me,
but in the way you live your own life.

I've learned so much from you.
Like what it means to be truly giving and caring,
how important it is to be fair,
how to believe in myself and in my ideals.

Your example has shaped the way I think and feel and believe
more than you know,
and I'm proud to be your daughter.

Happy Mother's Day

And...as a first-time Mother for Mother's Day, I have to say I loved all the well-wishing and "Happy mother's day" from people all around. I am so grateful to be a Mom to this little guy.


6 comments:

Allison said...

That tummy sticking out and the chubby legs kill me! Baby Ryan, you are adorable!! How cool that your mom was speaking at Women's Conference!

Lyd Stew said...

OH- you lucky duck! I love going to things like that and it doesn't get any better then having mom and sisters there! I'm glad you decided you go! How awesome that your mom got to speak! She is such a great gal! That little guy is unreal cute by the way!

Suzanne Maughan said...

Look at his tummy sticking out in that picture!!! That reminds me of MY son's chubby tummy. Hilarious! Ryan is growing up so fast and looking more adorable in each post!
Happy mother's day to you. It sounds like you enjoyed it as much as I did. What a special day to celebrate.

Jen said...

what a great time! and beautiful card and you are looking amazing and holy crap that is one seriously cute baby!! and he is SOOOOOOO big!!

Amy D. said...

Beautiful write up of the weekend and Mother's Day, Jane. LOVE that surfer babe!!!

Camille said...

and how are you back to a size 0 already?! i guess that veggie post might do some of the explaining...you look great and love love love baby ryan!