I tried a fancy schmancy oat flour on an oatmeal bread on monday...FAIL! Oh, such a disaster. All sorts of things went wrong...and I ended up with three little bricks in the bottom of my loaf pans. Blech. Straight to the garbage.
Tuesday: Banana Bread. My friend Elizabeth (okay, labaus are getting all the shout outs this week, hollah!) has the most amazing recipe EVER that I LOVE so much, so I decided to attempt it. Turns out she is a fancy cook and it had all these complicated instructions....BUT...it TURNED out.. SUCCESS (you can see the remnants in the top right corner of the picture). Seriously, I don't usually love my own food, but i thought this bread was delicious.
Wednesday: White Bread. Simple. Sweet. and guess what??? IT turned out! YAHOO!!!!! I was a little nervous, but since Ryan was down for a long nap I got up the courage and tried it. OHhhh I'm just so happy!
And guess what this means, people??? Thursday = BREAD PUDDING!!! Stay tuned.

7 comments:
Holla back!
Three cheers for successful breadbaking, and three even bigger cheers for bread pudding--my fave! Eat a big piece for me. :P
I am officially impressed! I've not yet ventured into making bread....you're my hero.
beautiful. looks uber yummy! i have yet to attempt bread.
I wish i was at the beachwith you. ps. CAN YO UPOST OR EMAIL ME YOUR BREAD RECIPE. I WANT TO MAKE SOME THIS WEEK. IT IS MY GOAL.
This picture looks like it's for the three bears...I guess that's us.
Yummy! Good job, Jane.
Those loaves look GORGEOUS!! Well done, Jane!
Post a Comment