
I decided that with heathy's 10 day health punch, I'd keep a list of all the things that I thought about eating, but didn't. I thought it might make me happy to look back after ten days and see all the things that have kept my love handles from getting too lovable.
MONDAY:
--I didn't take the big cookies offered at lunch, even though they were mini-dark chocolate chip and super soft...
--I didn't eat the donut looming in front of my face at 1:30, even though it was offered to me.
--I didn't drink the soda at 3:00 during my typical "oh i really need a soda" break. Instead, I had some V8.
--I didn't eat oreos with dinner even though I REALLY wanted them
--I didn't buy Ice Cream at the store, and then I didn't eat it before I went to bed!
TUESDAY:
--I didn't get a peppermint soy hot cocoa this morning even though I REALLY wanted it a LOT.
--I didn't eat the day-old donuts that were leftover from yesterday when I didn't eat it yesterday.
--I didn't get a cookie at the little shop across the street when I was really craving one.
--No soda again today! Vitamin Water instead!!!!
--I only took a spoonful of ice cream at home instead of a bowl or scoop
--AND I didn't eat oreos with the ice cream
--AND I went running with Seth. AND I ran an extra lap to make up for the spoonful of ice cream
WEDNESDAY:
--I didn't get cookies for breakfast at the hot chocolate store, even when they offered me some when I decided it was worth it to get a peppermint soy hot cocoa (it's soy so it's less fat, right?)
--I didn't eat Donuts, staring me in the face. 8 times. Didn't eat even one piece.
--My boss has a candy jar in her office. For THREE DAYS I didn't take one piece. And they're the Treasures. And they are DARK CHOCOLATE. Do you know how much patience and restraint this takes me???? I'm tell you people, this is rough.
--I didn't drink Soda today! And only 1 vitamin water and 4 bottles of water.
--I didn't get frozen yogurt at lunch--instead I got a 6" veggie delight with fat free dressing, and apple slices.
--I didn't drink Soda today! And only 1 vitamin water and 4 bottles of water.
--I didn't get frozen yogurt at lunch--instead I got a 6" veggie delight with fat free dressing, and apple slices.
--My drive home consisted of the following:
--Ooooooo Jack in the box milkshake!!! No!
--Oooooooo Jamba Juice!!! No!
--Oooo Carls Jr. Shake! No no!
--Another Jack in the box shake?? No, stop!!!
Sooooo, Seth and I went for a run and then ate pasta. I'm now plotting how big of a spoonful of icecream I can get and still report it on my blog as "not too much..." :(
I'll let you know how it goes!!
Ooooo Seth just said we could go get Pinkberry--laters!
--Ooooooo Jack in the box milkshake!!! No!
--Oooooooo Jamba Juice!!! No!
--Oooo Carls Jr. Shake! No no!
--Another Jack in the box shake?? No, stop!!!
Sooooo, Seth and I went for a run and then ate pasta. I'm now plotting how big of a spoonful of icecream I can get and still report it on my blog as "not too much..." :(
I'll let you know how it goes!!
Ooooo Seth just said we could go get Pinkberry--laters!
7 comments:
I think about it that much too... hee hee... started a trainer though so hoping to slim down a little
Hooray for Jane! It's such an ordeal trying to eat healthy in our sugar-obsessed world. And we all grew up in it, so we're usually pretty sugar obsessed as well. Good luck!
Well, this made me sad, Jane. What a lotta stuff to miss--reminds me of the times Dad would do no desserts for months on end. I just don't have it in me. I'm going to have to look up Pinkberry, since I have no idea what that is.
Janey, I'm proud of you. Hopefully you are starting to notice (once the cravings wear off) how much better off your mind and spirit are (not to mention you body) when it's not pumped full of sugar. I'm one to talk - it took me a full three weeks to break the 3:30 sweet tooth monster, but I did it with lots of gum and water! :) You can do it!
p.s. that cookie picture you have up is enough to break any willpower I might have...
Interesting thought... Maybe I should do this too! It might make me feel better. Then again, it might make me feel worse! :)
P.S. I hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!
wow!! way to go! my list would be soooo short these days!
so donker - how's the no sugar thing going. ha-ha! i bailed after 5 days or so. i needed some comfort food!
Post a Comment