Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kindness Spam

I love Heather and her blog "tags". When she asked me what she could call it that wasn't a "tag" I told her to call it SPAM. I thought it was so funny (even though it's not really...) but I also was really excited to do this SPAM!


--The people at Trader Joes are SOOO KIND! We were buying some artichokes for an artichoke dip (that was really yummy and I'm posting the recipe on the recipe blog) and they couldn't find the price, so they gave them to us for .99! And then when we were walking out i told the managers that they had the best customer service, and they all started cheering. The first time i ever went to Trader Joes in DC, the Manager came out and welcomed me to the store and told me she was thrilled that I came. TJ's has some nice people, people.

--The guy who fixed my car window on Tuesday was REALLY KIND. I was worried he was going to steal my car just a little bit because i had to pull it outside the secured parking lot, and then I had to give him my key. He kept assuring me "Do not be worried, I will take care of you and your car, i won't steal it or hurt it, i'm here to fix it!" And that he did. I felt bad that I was distrusting of him, I was just a little jumpy, but he was SOOOO nice in return and kept telling me that everything would be okay (even though i wasn't acting outwardly crazy or anything... :) ).

--Annie cut and colored my hair, and it looks fantastic! I know that Annie has busy days and has a baby to take care of, and that probably the last thing she wants to do is stand for three hours running her fingers through my hair. But she did anyway, because she's KIND. Twice! I love Annie, thanks!!!

--I'm so grateful for all the KIND comments on my blog. I am the worst at leaving comments because I just want to read read read, but it reminds me that little notes and comments mean the world to the blog writer. I mean, it's like validation of one's blogging skills, right? I'm glad for family & friends who provide that validation and support and KINDNESS, it really means a lot to me, thank you!!!!

--Along the same lines, I love the kindness of my friends and family who listen to me ramble in emails, text messages, phone calls, and in-person conversations. I know sometimes I'm a talker and say too much and babble about silliness, but i REALLY think it's a KIND thing when my Framily (that's friends and family) are there to listen and care

--Jamie Benefield, Move in Coordinator. She is really KIND to us. She's done everything she can to help us out in our new place, including a $50 gift card to apologize for all the inconveniences we've faced, and a $50 credit to our parking since we had to double pay this month. She has bent over backwards for us, and I think she's been really KIND.

I'm sure there are a million others, and I might just start making a list and post it later. I love remembering and thinking about all the KINDNESS in the world!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! I'm glad that some people in L.A. were kind to you. Thanks for joining the Kindness Spammers and humoring me and my ideas.

Annie said...

Jane- I LOVE that you guys live here, it's saved my life! So anytime you want me to run my fingers through your hair for three hours, you're on!

CeeJ said...

I love that you live in Cali too. I feel better about Annie & Luke being there- knowing you guys are close by.

(Although I am kind of jealous you stole my hair stylist!!) ;)

Sarah Stout said...

I don't think that ANY of that was SPAM... It's always nice (and uplifting) to recognize the kindness of others in our lives.

Amy D. said...

Can I just say this was a super nice post to read!?! During FHE last night we all said "thankful for's" and Wade's was for nice people, just like this post. And I just agree!