I've never been to the ballet before, and free tickets came up on the listserve, so I jumped at the chance to go!
The first company was Ballet West from Utah. They were beautiful dancers, they did a very traditional ballet with a lot of pretty imagery.

Then the Philadelphia Ballet performed In the Night. They were a smaller cast and had all couples dancing. It was pretty good!

Then the Houston Ballet performed "Velocity" and it seriously blew me out of the water. It was AMAZING. It was a very modern piece with AMAZING unique moves. The girls tu-tus went straight out--I LOVED THEM. I also would like to have a ballet dancer's legs. Seriously. SO Strong and SO defined. MAN!

I think I've started another quest in life--To be a ballet dancer! :)
3 comments:
Jane,
You do watch "So You Think You Can Dance," correct? If not, you absolutely must. You will become addicted.
Wow! Amazing. Looks incredible. What a cultural experience.
Looks cool! I think you would make a lovely ballet dancer. Also -- Congrats on the up coming wedding. I know I am slow but - Better late than never. :)
Post a Comment