| What American accent do you have? Your Result: The Midland "You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio. | |
| The West | |
| The South | |
| Philadelphia | |
| Boston | |
| The Inland North | |
| North Central | |
| The Northeast | |
| What American accent do you have? Quiz Created on GoToQuiz | |
I have a Midland Accent, is that from growing up on the west coast and living on the east for nearly 4 years?
4 comments:
I'm a midlander too. Though - I would have to say really, I am sportin' a pretty good Idaho accent with a bit of y'all from tennessee
Heather, I think you have a fantastic Aussie accent that seems pretty authentic :). We musn't leave that out. Those were good days in Provo, weren't they?
As for me, the longer I live here the more 'Idaho' I sound. The other day I was listening to the kids play and heard Kyle say, "Oh my heck" with a true Idaho accent. Great.
I am a Midlander accent also. I just wish they had a quiz that could detect geographical word usage. Like jockey box for you Idahoans (and maybe some from Utah) and Quads for Arizonans. Anyway thanks Jane, that was a fun little site.
Ok - my accent is from the West. Here's a kind of funny story about accents. When I was a senior in High School we were living in Reno and I was on a plane to Vegas with some class mates. They started making comments about my accent and asked me where I was from. I gave them a puzzled look b/c I didn't think I sounded any different from the rest of them. Imagine how funny it was when I told them I was from Idaho. So, there you go - I have (or had) an Idaho accent...
Post a Comment