Monday, April 23, 2007

Grandma's Birthday Celebration!


What a WONDERFUL reason for the family to gather in Utah!!! We had such a FANTASTIC TIME seeing Grandma again in her LOVELY apartment. Grandma knows how to make a party fun, we just loved being able to gather around her and feel the love!
Debbie surprised us all by showing up, and so all of Grandma's children (living and deceased, I'm SURE) were there for her party. Here is my favorite picture from the party!

In Honor of Grandma, I thought I'd post what I wrote in her book:

Dear Grandma,

Happy 90th Birthday! This is such a great time to celebrate you and all of your wonderful accomplishments, and I'm glad that we can all be a part of this wonderful time with you!

Thinking back to what I remember most about you, and probably the first thing that comes to mind is when you were coming back from one of your missions, I went with my mom to your house (that other people had been staying in while you were gone) and the first thing I said was "But Mom, it doesn't smell like Grandma's house. We need to make it smell like Grandma before she comes back!" I LOVE the smell of your perfume. It's classy and rich and flowery. It's everything wonderful that you are.

One of the many wonderful things about you is the ability you have to make us all feel special and talented. You've always encouraged us to find our talents, whether it be in stitchery, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, or "craft projects." And you have made so many amazing treasures as tokens of your love that we can keep with us now as a memory of you.

I used to love staying in your "Doll Bedroom." I always felt like a little princess in the tall poster bed surrounded with dolls. It was any child's dream, and you made it such a special treat to stay with you. When I went home at Christmas to see Mom and Dad, I stayed in the same poster bed, and the warm memories of your house made me feel like I was right back at home in Rexburg with you and the family.

Thank you for being an example of strength, courage, and faithful endurance to each of us. We love you much, think of you often, and pray for you daily.

Love, Janey

5 comments:

Carol said...

Jane, you are a good blogger! Your personality shines through and is so cute! And you got some great pictures from the party.

Angie said...

Way to go on the blogging Jane!! I think you've made up for your month of nothingness!! YAY!

Heather said...

Sweet Grandmama!!! She is a darling!

Amy D. said...

Blogging award of the week to Jane! Awesome trip and documentation. I love the photo of Grandma and her children+.

Jolene said...

I have to say that your grandma looks excellent for being 90. If I ever get that old I hope I look that great.