I was all sorts of into celebrating V-day this year, so much so that I started crafting for the holiday in January. I couldn't wait to get our decorations together! We printed off the subway art from Eighteen25 and hung this cute thing by it. And you can see the flower I made below amongst the presents!
Ryan was pretty lucky to have generous grandparents who showered him with adorable presents, including Thomas the Talking Tank and The cutest talking Puppy you've ever seen!
In my family growing up, we always would "Fish for Presents" on Valentines day, so we're carrying on the tradition! It was so fun to fashion a fishing rod and let Ryan fish for his prizes (Seth and I got in on the action, too! We skyped with my parents so we could have an audience!) We were happy to have our little party a day early while Ryan was awake to enjoy it and Seth was home to be a part of it.
And thanks to Seth's fashion skills rubbing off on Ryan. He loves his new "Ha High" (Hat. He whispers it when he says it. Adorable.)
Seth works late most nights during the week so we celebrated Valentines day all weekend while he was home! Saturday afternoon we packed for just about anything, and then took off in the car, not knowing where we were going. We had several ideas, but couldn't figure out what felt right. Turns out we ended up in Ventura for a fun shopping trip to Target followed by a DELICIOUS dinner at Red Brick Pizza followed by a late-ish sunset on Ventura beach. It was so simple and so refreshing to get out of the city, enjoy the valley, and spend quality simple time together.
I'm pretty sure Ryan loved it.
Happy Valentines Day, Everyone! You. Are. Loved.
5 comments:
Fishing for presents is such a cute idea. We are still trying to figure out how to celebrate Valentine's Day with Collin - this year he just got a balloon and a Valentine's outfit...we'll have to do more next year!
Your family is so cute, Jane! I want Ryan and Miles to play together. They would have so much fun! :)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
i love the heart! i was all into valentine's decorations this year too! I had a heart wreath I wanted to make but joanne was seriously always out of the heart! so lame!! i love the fishing thing, too cute! sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!
Hi Janey! You've been awarded the "Stylish Blogger Award" ... now it's your turn to award your fave bloggers. See my blog for more details:
www.frolickingnightowl.blogspot.com
Saweet! you do holidays like Mom does! Thank you soooo much for sending us valentines. That was sa-weet!
Post a Comment