Or, Mario Son and Papa Luigi with Mama Toad sidekick.


Seth has had this idea for several months, and I really resisted it because I had a vision of Ryan in red tights as superman/baby...but once I found out Superman has blue tights with red boots it was all over anyway, so I went with it. Several hours of my week were devoted to figuring out how to make Ryan's hat and overalls, and then turning and making my hat and vest. Seth bought his coverall costume, and since it was a hideous fit (seriously, it was scandalous!) we decided to cut off the legs and make it into a shirt for him. Ahhhh much better.
Initially we were trying to paint on a 'stache for Ryan, but mama wasn't digging it so dad relented.

Ewwww!

Again, Ahhhh much better :)
Ryan's friend Whitney as the gorgeous bumblebee! After this picture Ryan just turned and gave W a big Hug. It was way cute.

Even though Ryan didn't get any candy, you'd think he was full of sugar as he ran around the cultural hall! He was so happy to let loose and run around!

I have to give props to our ward and their ability to execute such a cute trunk or treat! It was so fun to see everyone's creative genius!

Bart was Captain Moroni with the Title of Liberty...pretty much the book of mormon was depicted in his trunk! Kudos!

Cindee, our Primary President, went all out with the Simpsons. She was a lovely marge, and was a big hit with all the kids! (And the adults, she had some awesome donuts!) RYAN especially loved her because at the end of the night she gave him a balloon....and he couldn't get over it, it was his prized possession!

Johnny Mask always is full of surprises. This year it was a dancing skeleton in the middle with some spooky rogue arms, too. He completed the spookiness with pictures from his last film. They were creeppy!
Even the Elders got in on the spirit of Halloween with pass-a-long cards and Books of Mormon! Thanks Elders!

I was happy for LA weather and Holly's awesome camera to catch these moments! :)

By the end of the night, Ryan was worn out and haggard in his too-snug costume that he managed to destroy and get super super dirty. Being Mario is tough!

10 comments:
So cute! Nice work on the costumes, Jane! What a great idea.
Oh my gosh, you guys turned out so cute! And to think I was proud that I managed to borrow a costume so my kid could be a lion... and then Ben and I were too lazy to be anything! Props to you.
SOOOOOOO cute. Seriously - like, big time cute.
Jane - what fantastic costumes! I can't believe Ryan is running!!! As Ryan always proves a harbinger of things about to happen in our lives, I am holding my breath that Henry will just take his sweet time getting to those first steps. You guys look great!
cutest. family. ever. i'm seriously impressed with your costume making abilities!
Amazing ward trunk or treat! And you guys look super cute in the Mario garb. Very memorable!
How cute and creative! It's so fun to see the Hollywood ward again. :)
Way to get into the holiday spirit! Super fun and so cute.
Oh my gosh! I love your costumes. Ryan looks so freakin' adorable! :) I can't believe he's already one. Loved his birthday post. Miss you!
Love the Mario idea. Absolutely love it!
Post a Comment