Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Patriotic Dessert

I love Pavlova. I find any excuse to make it. So even though it was an Australian dessert, I Americanized it and made it for the 4th of July!
I know I'm a little nerdy, but I was SO excited about this. Growing up we usually spent the 4th in Logan with the Mackays celebrating Jolene's birthday along with the USA's, and they often made sheet cakes with the flag in berries, so this was a little trip down memory lane.

7 comments:

Cara said...

come to our house and make pavlova! my aussie (brand-o) l-o-v-e-s it, but i think it's too much of a process. then he'd think you were even more awesome than before!

Sarah Stout said...

First off, that looks YUMMY! Second off, what is pavlova and why do I get the feeling that I need it in my life?

Em said...

How neat, Jane! I have seen recipes for pavlova but have yet to attempt it. Let's make it together sometime so you can instruct me! :)

Jen said...

soooo yummy!!

AudyCamp said...

The dessert is so adorable...I'm totally stealing the blueberry/raspberry idea. & you look SO pretty in your anniversary dinner pics. :)

Amy D. said...

Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, YUM!!!! Totally darling and delicious.

Lyd Stew said...

That is beautiful! You are so patriotic! :) I feel like you should be sharing recipes! Such a cute family- I enjoy looking from time to time!