Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Two Months!




Two Months old, and already so grown up!

Baby Ryan, you've got more personality day after day! I still love the way you stretch out after a nap--you pucker your face up and crane your neck to the side in the cutest way. Your fingers are always wrapped around your thumbs, and when you want to self-comfort, you always suck where your thumb would be if it were out, but instead just suck on the circle of your fist. I happen to think it's adorable. Speaking of hands, I cannot figure out how you already have dirt under your fingernails--ALL the time, even after I scrub them! When you're 30 and have the same problem, you better believe your mama is going to tell everyone you were the same way at 2 months old :) You snore like crazy when you're sleeping, but I'm glad because then when I'm worried about you in the middle of the night I don't have to lean over your bassinet anymore, I can just hear that you're alive and kickin'! (Also, you kick your feet up really high in the air when you're sneezing or passing gas, and I love when I'm laying in bed and see them fly up in the air over your bassinet wall. A-dor-a-ble).

Tonight you were sleeping on my chest while I was watching "Gilmore Girls" and like a typical post-pardum hormone filled mom, I burst into tears with the happiness of having you. I love that you calm down when Dad or I hold you, I love that you smile big and coo when we talk to you. I LOVE that you recognize dad from anywhere in the room and crane your neck to find him. I especially love it when during your 3 AM feeding you stop eating to give me a big ole smile--I know you're just saying thanks, and you are definitely welcome! :)

I love you Baby Boy!

5 comments:

AudyCamp said...

aw...sweet. it was good to see him (you guys too) in person the other night. so cute.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Stop it, Jane!! You're making me want another baby! :)

Allison said...

He sounds adorable :)
Makes me kind of miss those days aleady - and I'm only 4 months ahead!

Amy D. said...

Sounds like he knows and loves you and Seth so much. What a darling, precious little soul.

Angie said...

Aww, what a sweet mom you are. I love your little Ryan. I could just hold him all the time! Give him a big squeeze from me :)