Saturday, May 02, 2009

Milk or Dark?

So anyone in our family knows that there’s a 50/50 divide in the family for Chocolate preferences. And it’s a big deal. You’re either Milk, or you’re Dark. I happen to be Dark.

Whenever I would start dating someone, I’d tell them I had a very very serious question to ask them, and that it would make a HUGE difference in our relationship in the future. I’d get very serious, and then pose the question “So, do you like Milk Chocolate, or Dark Chocolate?”

Each time I’d get a different response. There were the diplomats who explained they liked both (errr, wrong answer, don’t sit on the fence!), the vauge “Mostly Milk, sometimes Dark”, and then there was Seth who said “I like fruity dessert, not chocolate dessert”.

Well, I thought it might take a few years to figure out what the baby likes…but I found out today!

Good Friend and Co-Worker Emily bought me treats because she’s nice like that, including a Chocolate Bar from World Market (pictured below). I was saving it for a rainy day, and today was the day. I took a little square…and even though it was Milk Chocolate, I really needed chocolate.

I took a bite. And the baby jumped up and down with joy—this was exactly what he/she wanted! (okay, that’s just what my brain pictured…) He/She was so excited that he/she MADE me eat the rest. In one sitting. A HUGE chocolate bar for my ¾ ounce baby—that’s LOVE :)

So….for all you milk chocolate members of the family can know that our baby is on your side. Milk chocolate (with toffee and caramel) for this little peach-sized baby!!

10 comments:

Hilary said...

I am dark. NO QUESTION. No wonder we're friends.

Annie said...

Solidarity baby! I'm milk chocolate, too!

Tracy and Odie said...

haha, too cute. i'm so milk chocolate as well!

cameron said...

100% milk for me!!! baby got it right.

Amy D. said...

I wanna try the pomegranate/dark chocolate. My family is split, too, though my spouse is a dark chocolate guy, too. So does Seth just love Pavlova? That is the favorite fruity dessert at our house and we load on the fun fresh fruits!

Sarah Stout said...

Haha... your baby knows good chocolate when you eat it. :) I, myself, am a milk chocolate lover, but eat dark chocolate when there is no other chocolate to be had.

Marisa said...

That's too funny! I ask the same question. I am dark chocolate all the way and fortunately Mike is white chocolate, so I never have to worry. Not even when I accidentally left my Milano Chocolate Mint cookies at his place for a week. It's not white chocolate, so he wouldn't touch them!

Heather said...

dark - all the way man! i'd go for the pomegranate and dark choc too. yum!

layjent said...

Mine all depends on the scenario and what I am pairing the chocolate with, I know uber lame of me...but when you are buying 50 lbs of chocolate at once you can't limit yourself to just one. ;)

Mary said...

Can you believe I'm switching to dark? Still like milk though. Have you tried the sea salt one? Looks oddly good right now...