In honor of Memorial Day, Seth and I decided to host an 'everyone is invited' BBQ at our place! It was so much fun!
We had all kinds of "meat" ranging from burgers to hotdogs to brats to turkey dogs to veggie patties to vegetarian dogs. Seriously, we have some awesome friends with awesome taste! Everyone came and contributed to build a fantastic feast, complete with outdoor sunshine and a little indoor guitar hero. We seriously have some talented friends, I'm thinking we need to actually start a band (or just become groupies of the people already in bands!)

It was also fun to bring friends from all different walks of life together. I had some coworkers, we invited all sorts of people from our ward, and our friend Kelley that we know from Washington, DC even came up from San Diego for the affair!
After everyone left, Seth and I just got to sit and bask in gratitude for friends everywhere (even if you couldn't come!). For whatever reason, lately I've felt really....I guess just homesick and just missing family and being with family. Nothing really can ever replace family, but it's nice to have friends who can be our local families and celebrate the holidays with us. We really are just so blessed. And lucky.
Also, I just have to note that I'm a rapper in hiding. I may need a little work on my hand movements (I believe they were described as a "pregnant mouse") but dude, I've got some hardcore rapper talent.. Seth says I might not make it in the bid'niss, but what does he know, this white girl has got some mad skills just waiting to be discovered.
4 comments:
Well, I'd say all those friends are lucky to have you guys to hang out with. How cool is that? It looks way fun, and sounds like you had great eatin'. Agreed that friends can be your family away from home.
What a fun idea! I'm grateful for wonderful friends (LIKE YOU) who are always supportive.
P.S. I say encourage your inner rapper. :)
how fun! I love bbq's! and next time i see you, i need to see these mad skills!! and if they are considered "pregnant mouse" that is skill in itself. i can't even imagine what that looks like!
yay for the pregnant mouse beastie boy!!!! thanks for a great bbq!!!
Post a Comment