Monday, May 11, 2009

Coupon-ing--is that a word??

My grandpa Larry was a master coupon cutter. He used to give us coupons when we came to visit. Yeah, some grandpas give quarters, others hand out gushy kisses, but this grandpa gave us coupons. It was awesome. Oh Larry, where are you when I need you???

Calling all cool/crazy couponers!!

So maybe we took a look at our "Food Expenditures" and maybe the number made me gasp, several times in a row.

Just looking into ideas and thoughts, but if anyone wants to call and explain this whole "I saved $285 dollars at the grocery store and only spent $0.25!" I'd LOVE to hear the deal. Seriously.

I'm pretty sure I'm not ready to go buy 10 newspapers (I have an aversion to the feel of newspaper...it grosses me out and I won't touch them if i don't have to) but if there's a way i can print coupons online or something...I'm all for it, and all for saving money!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Jane, if someone expains it to you, will you explain it to m? Please!!!1

Heather said...

dude - i just went to a couponing class at our emergency preparedness fair on saturday. not that i know everything (or anything by experience), but i can give you the heads up on it all. marne is a pro too. we'll chat later.

Jen said...

oooh janey! I have recently become a huge coupon lover. we should chat!! plus i hate the feel of papers too. it is seriously a weird paper. and I can still handle couponing (which i think is totally a word!!)

Marne said...

Check out my blog Jane...it is true. I get stuff free all the time, I did tonight! I got Hefty storage bags free, Breyers ice cream for $1 and many more deals. I explain how to get started and if you have any questions ask me! I love to help out with couponing!

www.wantitall4free.blogspot.com

Sarah Stout said...

My friend actually JUST covered this topic on her blog a few days ago. It definitely has made me interested! Check it out at: http://elliotandrachel.blogspot.com