Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Good Day! (Finally!)

Seth and I were so excited to have a good day today. It was good, in part, because we got out of the house 3 times (THREE TIMES, you say? Well, it's a big deal for us lately...) and we weren't just on our computers and phones all day hunting for jobs.

This morning Seth had an interview in downtown LA that we went to, and then phone interviews in the early afternoon, and then I had an interview in Century City later in the day. Everything looks promising and we should know by the end of the week if we've officially got jobs (yay!). All our interviews were really a boost of confidence, and we were so glad, especially because last night I prayed so hard that we would remember to be confident in our abilities and that our skills would show. I scored 85 WPM on an official typing test, and I wasn't even going as fast as I could because I was trying super hard to be accurate (which I guess paid off too). Seth spoke in some stellar Japanese during his phone interview to native Japanese speakers, and they were impressed with him, and really liked him! (My favorite part was when they asked him if he was "an LDS", and if he would be offended if they drank coffee in front of him at work. They're just such a considerate group of people!)

SOOOOOO, at the end of the "work day" today, Seth and I were feeling great. It's not like it's been awful or anything the other days, but by 5 or 6 we've kind of been bummed and mulling over what we should do. I was so glad that things started looking up for both of us and that Heavenly Father could answer our prayers so that we could feel better about everything!

THEN, to make the day even better, we got to go meet up with Mom's best friend from growing up Kathleen Nielsen. I just love her, she's so funny and fun. We went to Tito's Tacos in Culver City, which is where they used to take the Youth after going to the Temple. It's totally authentic Mexican food, so it was so fun to get together, enjoy a taco, and just chat for a few hours. Kathleen is so nice, we were so glad to get to spend time with her.

Anyway, sorry no pictures, some to come later!

10 comments:

Hilary said...

Continued good luck.....can't wait to hear more of your adventures.

Carol said...

So glad things are going well and looking up! Sounds like you're shining in interviews. Take care, enjoy the sunshine, and good luck with the job hunt!!

Sarah Stout said...

Yay! I hope that it all goes well for you guys! :)

Katharine said...

Jane,

Are your professional pictures from your wedding done yet? You need to post them! I want to see ;)

Jilene said...

Good luck with the job search. We are coming to LA on Oct. 2nd, so maybe we can get together for lunch or something. We are planning Wicked Thurs. night & Six Flags on Friday, but Sat & Sun are pretty flexible. I get to meet Aaron's girlfriend....exciting stuff. :)

Heather said...

So glad you had a good day Janers...

Let me know how the jobs turn out.

Tell sethy hi. Oh - and tell him that our pediatrician always reminds me of him.... something in the way he talks.

loves.

Annie said...

Can I just say how happy I am that you live here now? And so close!

jamirclark said...

I'm glad things went well- isn't it nice to gave a "good" moment (or day) when all seems to being mundane? I think it's heavenly Father's way of reminding us what we're actually working for. Good luck! We'll pray for you guys!
Big hugs!

jamirclark said...

I'm glad things went well- isn't it nice to gave a "good" moment (or day) when all seems to being mundane? I think it's Heavenly Father's way of reminding us what we're actually working for. Good luck! We'll pray for you guys!
Big hugs!

Jen said...

I forget that your blog is private now and that i have to check it! I guess i would rather deal w/ that though than have your trials of job hunting right now. I am glad that things are looking good. and now that I know seth got a job that is even better. did he get the one where people drink coffee in front of him?