The next day we went to church at the Longfellow Park 2nd Ward, and we saw Chelsea Ashton (friend from college!) and then we saw Bro and Sister Cobia of Sugar City!!! It was so fun to see them, (and so random!!! At a singles ward in boston? Seth said "man, sugar city is everywhere!") We chatted with them for awhile, and then Seth saw some friends from BYU (Hi Amy from the ballroom team!)
After church we went down to the Marathon finish line to pick up the packets for the runners. We got some pictures at the finish line, which was lucky because the next day i couldn't even get close!
We got to walk around Boston common and go to this park...I think it's the boston common park...but who knows. It was great!
Boston really gets into the marathon....almost as much as they're into the Red Sox. The churches even endorse the race!
And Seth is going to be next year's Boston Marathon Model. Ha ha isn't he so funny?
After we walked around for awhile, we met up with Ryan and Lauren Wood, and got to see Lauren's Showcase! I'm SOOOOO sad we didn't get any pictures with Ryan and Lauren--I can't even believe that we forgot to take pictures with them! Lauren's Showcase is amazing, she is such a great actor/singer/dancer! I'm excited to see the things that will come to both of these fine people. We're excited to know the famous Woods!
The next morning Seth and Katie got up wayyyyy early and had Scott drive them to the busses that took them 26 miles out of town (bleh!) so that they could run back in all day. Both Seth and Katie did SO well! Katie beat her personal record by three seconds!!! Seth's final time was 3:24, which he was not completely satisfied with (His qualifying time was 3:06) but he was glad that he ran the race, and considering he's working 13 hour days as a first year associate attorney, I don't think he can feel sad about it--he's amazing.
While Seth and Katie were running, I took the T down from Harvard Square to Symphony station, where Ryan and Lauren live. It SERIOUSLY took me FOREVER....it was like running a marathon...oh wait, i can't make that comparison...it was like crossing the plains. (haha). really, the train didn't come for FOREVER and I kept getting smashed by people trying to get on other trains. I thought I might die a few times of clausterphobia, but luckily I made it out alive. Julie B called me along the way to give updates on the runners, bless her, she was my sanity! I made it down to Symphony and met up with Ryan and Lauren for Brunch at a local diner (yay thanks guys!) and then they showed me the way to the finish line. I once again was SMASHED around crowds of people, getting thrown this way and that. I finally saw a chain of friends that were sorting their way through the crowd by holding on to one another, so i grabbed onto the end guy's backpack and made my way up with them! I tried to get some pictures, but this was my view with my camera held up as high as i could reach:
After Seth and Katie finished, I went and found seth at the family meeting area, and he was shivering and freezing cold! The Medic was watching him and we had to go into a building and make him change and try to get him warm. He was so pale and I was so scared!!! The medic kept looking at me with this furrowed brow, and it made me more and more scared every time he looked at me! Once we got seth food and water and had him change out of his wet running clothes he warmed up and stopped shivering! Whew!
We went to Ryan and Lauren's house again and they let Seth and Katie shower (THANKS SO MUCH WOODS!) and then we all ran to dinner before running of to catch flights! A BIG thanks to Seth Wood and De Ette for taking us to the airport!!! We couldn't have made it without you two, thanks so much!!!
While at the airport seth and i noticed that he was a little burned....
All in all, this was my favorite trip to boston! We were so glad to meet up with wonderful friends and for seth to fill his lifelong goal to run the Boston Marathon!
6 comments:
so fun! what a huge accomplishment!!
that is awesome! Way to go Seth! We are actually taking care of some kids from a family in our ward whose mom went to go run the marathon. She finished in just over 3 1/2 hrs. Way to go you guys :)
Those Johnson's and their amazing running skills! I'm so impressed with Seth doing that. Looks like a fun trip! My grandpa was the mission president in Boston and I've always wanted to go there. It's special place for our family. I'm glad you had a good time!
What an adventure--that is one you guys will always remember!
It sounds like you had a great time, Jane! :)
What a fun trip - I've always wanted to go to Boston. And very impressive to run the Boston Marathon! That's a huge accomplishment!!!
Post a Comment