Monday, February 04, 2008

Valentines Day Quiz for my Valentine


What is his name? Seth

How long did you date? 2.5 years (I think we became a couple on July 27, 2005, or something)

How old is he? 29

How old are you? 25

Who eats more sweets? Well, lately seth really likes the Lindt Truffles...but in general I'm the one who asks if we can eat ice cream.

Who said I love you first? September 20, 2005--I did, followed by Seth 1.5 seconds later. Earlier that day Seth had sent me the song "Jane be Jane" and I listened to it on repeat all day long...I realized (when i was driving back from the temple) that he loved me for who I was--quirks and all--and that he didn't want me to change and be something I wasn't. Of course, seth always helps me improve myself, but he never asks me to act or be someone i'm not....so I got home from the temple (and all night seth had missed me so much...) and we hugged and hugged and hugged, and then i told him that i loved him--i couldn't keep it a secret! (click here for lyrics to the song)

Who is taller? Seth--exactly a foot!

Who can sing better? We sing together--you should hear our rendition of "High School Musical"--we sing all the parts and everything! (while seth plays the piano)

Who is smarter? Seth. I kind of think we tied on our ACT scores, but he's brilliant and far smarter than me...I love talking to him because I learn so much!

Who does the dishes? Seth!

Who pays the bills? Well, we pay our own for now.

His guilty pleasure? Jammin' in his Band with Brandon and Danny.

Who drives? Seth! (he loves my new car)

Who is more stubborn? Hmm, I like to say Seth is, but I can be wayyyyy stubborn if you catch me on the wrong day!

Who kissed who first? Seth Kissed Me at Iwo Jima on August 5, 2005 when we were sitting on a statue that we affectionately call "A Griffin" (But it's actually like an egyptian lion...)

Who asked who out first? Seth asked me out!! I'm telling the long story here, so get ready!!! Seth moved out here, and I met him two days later at his house. (another cute story...for a later time..) The next day I came home and FHE was at my house, and so was Seth! We were playing a derivative of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" where my friend Jay would ask a question, and whoever got it right received some form of arbitrary prize at Jay's discretion. Jay decided that "a correct answer to Seth's question gets a date with Jane!" I started chanting "seth seth seth seth"...but seth got it wrong. He even got a re-play, and STILL got it wrong. Everyone left after FHE and I called my BFF Belle to tell her about Seth, and while on the phone with her there was a knock at my door. I got the door and Seth said "I forgot something!" I said "What?" He said "Your phone number! Can I take you out sometime?" I said yes! :) (I know, so sappy and silly, but adorable)

What was your first date? Seth invited me to dinner a few times (but that doesn't really count...) but our first OFFICIAL Date was *September 10, 2004. We went with two friends to dinner on top of the Hotel Washington (Great view of the white house, mediocre food) I got salmon salad, Seth got either Lasagna or a Burger, I don't remember...and then we went to the FDR Memorial, where Seth's sister Emmy called him (and we talked for a few minutes) and then Seth's parents called (and we talked to them for a lot of minutes)...and seth put his hand on my knee and i was freaking out...haha.

Who wears the pants? Well, Seth certainly doesn't wear dresses, but I recently purchased leggings, so who knows!

What is your favorite thing about him? I love Seth's positive attitude. I love watching him with kids (if you haven't seen it you should, it's the cutest thing...), I love seth's compassion for other people and his empathy, I love watching him study for his Temple Prep class, I love it when he's concentrating and his brows furrow in the middle (and his little wrinkle about his right eye shows up), I love that he'll dance with me in the grocery store aisles, I love that he cheers me up(even when i act grumpy like i don't want him to), I love that he's methodical and precise in the way he does things, I love that he lets me fall asleep during every movie we ever watch ('cept 24...), I love his loyalty to me and to his family, I love his patient and kindness toward me and toward others. What is there NOT to love about this kid, he makes me so happy!!!

*Lest you think my dates are all wrong and that I can't count to 2.5, Seth and I went on dates a year before we started actually dating. We dated 'other people' between October 2004 and July 2005.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Little Janey Price" as my dad calls you (don't be mad, it is a term of endearment...)--This is Brittany Brown Daw, Ky's sister. I was on Heather's blog and thought that I would check out yours. It is one of the funnest and funniest blogs I've read. So much fun info and good writing. Seth seems like a good guy. Tell Kyle hi if you see him!

Janey said...

Okay, I know I'm silly, but I seriously have been clicking to my blog all evening just so i can see this cute picture of seth. and re-read all our memories. Isn't he adorable??

Jen said...

I love this post! it is the cutest tribute to him. i love remembering memories, I might have to steal this one and fill it out. so cute! What a good guy you have!

AudyCamp said...

ok that IS the cutest picture!! and I did not know he came and said "I forgot something...your phone number!
*smooth seth smooth! You guys are so perfect for each other:)

Hilary said...

Too cute.

Angie said...

I love this post Jane! I love hearing about your fun times. Yay for cute Jane and Seth! I would type more but I've got a fussy sitting on my lap.

Amy D. said...

Cute boy, he IS great with kids (ours all love him!), and great tales of your meeting and dating history!

Maren Richards said...

Ohhhh, so fun and fuzzy to read about you and your beau. You guys are a great couple! And I got to learn some fun facts too!