Over Christmas, I was on a hunt for the perfect handbag. I initially wanted something i could put my laptop in, but there just wasn't anything to be found that accommodated all my needs. I hate to be the bag lady that has two huge bags to carry everything around in. So my compromise for myself in 2008 was that i could find a smaller purse and a great tote for my laptop, so that i could find the best of both worlds and be happy.
A few weeks ago, I found the handbag. I just was browsing at Nordstrom and decided to look at the handbags. I had a gift certificate from my boss from Christmas that I thought I could use if I found something I really liked. I picked up this bag, and started inspecting. It seemed to be the perfect size, just big enough to fit my wallet, camera, notepad, & "necessities container" in the big pocket, my emergency cell phone charger and chap stick in each pouch, and my keys, cell phone, and iPod in the front pouch.
Just as i realized all these things, the department store worker came up to me and said "You must have this bag" and started telling me how someone returned it an hour before because it wasn't big enough, and they had literally put it out 10 minutes before i walked up. Well, I couldn't walk away after that! I kept looking at it, and department story lady #2 came up and said "Oh you have to buy that, it's the best deal you'll ever find." I said "oh, well i've never bought a 'real' purse before, so I'm still debating..." she stopped me and said, "buy it. if you don't know handbags, you don't know what you've just found. Please, buy the bag."
haha. Well, luckily I have a VERY generous boss, and it WAS my birthday week, so I spourged...but after my gift card, I still only spent $40!!! So I still have never spent more than $40 on a purse!
The funniest part about the whole thing was that a few days later I got a thank you card in the mail from nordstrom's, thanking me for purchasing the bag and re-iterating how lucky I was!
6 comments:
cute. i've never bought a real purse either. $20 is usually my max cause they usually last about 4-6 months before I'm ready to move on to a new bag. do you have any idea how much this bag is worth??
very cute, love the color!
yeah it retails at about 575....ridiculous, I know. But I got it for about 75% off, plus the "i have an awesome boss" discount ;)
jane i love it! i love love marc jacobs. what a great story.
how fun! way cute! I usually stick to walmart, target, ross and those kinds of stores for my purse/bags so I too have never spent more than $40. and actually probably not more than $20. but then again I have never had such a cute bag! way to shop!
I love this bag! I so need a new one.
Post a Comment