Sunday, February 17, 2008

Late Night Quilting

Whenever Seth is out of town my life gets really awkward. No matter where I'm at (dinner with friends, grocery store, barnes and noble, adult stake conference, stake conference...) I get about 12 quizzical stares that translate into "oh no jane is here and seth is not did they break up what happened is she okay what should i say i shouldn't ask maybe i should just pretend like everything is normal...." (all in about 1.2 seconds). I immediately and quickly try to get out in as few words as possible that "it's okay i'm happy seth is JUST out of town don't panic!" but BOY, it sure takes a lot out of me to have to keep the world calm when Seth is gone!
OF COURSE, I am very appreciative of the care and concern of my dear dear friends, and admittedly I have done the same thing with my friends in long term relationships, but it REALLY is just hilarious how worried people get and how panicked I get trying to calm them down!
I also just get really....not bored because I have people to see and things to do, but maybe more glum or sluggish or something. I try to fill my day with things, but it's like I have this buildup of 199454389025439850 million things that I want to say but don't have anyone to say them to. Thus, a lot more phone minutes used and bored family members and friends trying to listen to my non-stop rambling (Thank you Family and Friends!) (and...as you may have noted....I blog. a lot.)
Anyway, last night I had wanted to go to bed early for stake conference, but I wasn't tired yet and I was being emotional and silly, so I decided that i'd sew and watch Gilmore girls for a little while. Ta Da! This is what I made!!!




I have wanted to make this pattern ever since I saw it on my friend Mel's blog, so I'm glad I had a few hours to bust it out! Now, my worst thing is actually getting it bound and quilted, so that will be my next task, wish me luck!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Jane, that is SO pretty. Wow! I'm impressed. I still have yet to make that pattern. You inspire me!

Amy D. said...

WOW! Cute quilt! I know what you're saying on having blogging time on your hands. Last year I blogged every little thing...

Lori said...

Impressive work Jane! I love to quilt to, but this is where I get stuck. I HATE to bind - if you have a fast easy way I'd love to know.

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

Great job Jane! I stumbled on your blog from Kim's :)

Taryn said...

it turned out great jane! i love it!

Angie said...

I love it! way to go!

cameron said...

adorable!!!

Devony said...

Looks awesome Janey! Good job!

Harper said...

Great quilt! :)

CeeJ said...

You have to be careful about reading blogs! I just emailed Seth to ask him where he was! (Since your blog said he was out of town!!) But then- after double checking- I realized this blog was from Feb. 17th! WHOOPS! So he was probably in AZ, right? lol