Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Five Things!

What was I doing ten years ago?
14 1/2. I frequently read my Russian Book of Mormon (I really wanted to impress a certain mission president's son). I also had an interesting smile and talk (also part of the impressing thing...). I played the violin on sunday nights with Ann Keller, played 8th grade volleyball and basketball, and I ran the 400 and did the high jump in track.

What was I doing one year ago?
Well, aparently, I'm very stable because I've been doing the exact same thing for the past year :) working at CUA Law, dating that hot boy Seth, living in Arlington in a lovely white house with red shutters, commuting daily in Seth's car...i'm just missing that white picket fence, huh? Hopefully all these things will change soon--I'm applying for new jobs and shopping for picket fences ;)


Five snacks I enjoy:
Licorice (black and red)
Smoothies (My new fave is Orange Peach)
Cold Stone (Cake Batter with Black Cherries and Graham Cracker Crust...MMMM!)
Tapioca Pudding
Organic Apple Pear Juice

Five songs I know all the words to:
Let's talk Soundtracks:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (including all the colors...)
Aida
High School Musical (I love it. I love the whole thing--except maybe "Keep your Head in the Game"...that's kinda dumb)
Ummm....
I also happen to know all the lyrics to "I Will Survive"
And seth says "any swing choir song that comes on the radio...jane always knows the first verse and the chorus and hand signs meaning...jazz hands)."

Five things I would do if I were a millionaire?
-Let's be honest--NEW Fancy Wardrobe!
-Have a nice house with a hot tub and pool. (maintained by our in-house maintenance worker/housekeeper/driver)
-Make friends with the owner of an Airline so we can all have free air travel.
-Become friends with Mr. Marriott of Marriott Hotels so we all have a place to stay when we travel!
-Probably start a Non-Profit that has something to do with Kids. And Coloring ( i love coloring)

Five things I like doing:
Snuggling on the Love Sac
Falling asleep to music
Making Smoothies!
Playing Games! (Pass the Pigs, Ticket to Ride, and Settlers are my faves)
Playing Computer games (Okay, i'm embarrassed to admit it....but i really like Cake Mania and Diner Dash (1 and 2). I know. Humiliating)


Five things I will NEVER wear again:
Banana Clips
Zipper leg Jeans
Plastic Charm Bracelets
LA Gear Tall Tennis Shoes
Alternating Hot Pink and Green, Perfectly Slouched Socks

Five of my bad habits:
Slouching
Biting the side of my tongue or my lip when i'm stressed
Crying (gosh....can't keep a dry eye during those touching moments!)
Having the "foofs" (i know, that's disgusting, but i seriously can't help it! Bring on the TUMS!)
Blog Surfing (I love seeing what random people write!)


Five of my Favorite toys:
I WISH I had guitar hero and dance dance revolution
My laptop
My iHome (thanks mom and dad!)
My Cell Phone
My Seaon Pass to Six Flags (that's a toy, right?)

4 comments:

Carol said...

I love that you are shopping for a picket fence . . . that was clever. And way to go on the honesty front, Jane. Way to be real! By the way, what is iHome? Am I a technologically challenged person?

Amy D. said...

You've come a long way in those 10 years, baby. Glad the slouchy pink and green socks are out--ouch! and FYI, Wade could just die at some of our family's names for the embarrassing bodily functions / occurrences. It really is funny the words we use (not like I'm going to stop!).

Heather said...

Loved the entire swing choir song part Janey. I can see you now driving to work singing 'i need a hero'. And I quite smiled at your 10 years ago paragraph. Maybe for Christmas I'll give you a year supply of Gas-X. And I would love to see Janey wear a banana-clip to work. Do it Lizzy!

Devony said...

Jane I just love you. And I love that you love coloring! I think our neighbors thought I was completely loco when they saw my stack of coloring books and crayons out!