
Last week, our Grandpa Milt passed away at 93. Grandpa was such a funny man, I really liked seeing him and talking to him. Mary shared most of my favorite memories of Grandpa in her blog, but for those that don't read it, our favorite story of Grandpa is when he was at our house for dinner, and at the end of the meal said to dad "well if you'll bring me a spoon without holes in it, i'll eat the carn juice." We all looked at him in disbelief and giggled, and he was serious!!!
I also remember Grandpa kissing us on both cheeks whenever we came to visit. I know that Grandpa really loved us and cared about us. Grandpa also always had a question for us, something that I knew he'd been thinking about and wanted to ask us. I remember him saving something from the "Heritage Foundation" out for me the first time I came back from DC to visit. He wanted me to know that he had researched their work and that he was glad I was working with them. Bless His Heart. :)
I heard that the funeral went really well and was good. Thanks for being there to represent the family, Carol and Mary!!
Grandma is in our prayers as she deals with life's new adjustment, and we will continue to pray for her well being and happiness. We love you Grams!
2 comments:
Sa-weet tribute, Janey. I just thought of Milt sweeping the snow off the driveway and the time you all came to visit us in St. George and he went out and was spreading around the compost we had for our garden. He was a hard working grandpa and loved to be outside.
Nice tribute janey... good ol' milt!!! :)
Post a Comment