Sunday, January 28, 2007

New York!


So this weekend I had a work training in Newtown, PA, so after we were done we decided to take a quick trip up to NYC! We got in Friday night, went to dinner, and walked around times square for the evening. We stayed at Seth's law school friend Micah and Wendy's apartment, it was so nice! Wendy is an opera singer in the MET, and Micah went to Gtown for two years and then transferred up to Fordham for his last year so he wouldn't have to commute. They have a great apartment, and live quite the fun life!

Saturday we went down to the Wicked lottery to try and get tickets to the show, but no luck there, so we went to ALtAR BOYZ instead. It was really a fun and entertaining show! After we got out we went to the evening Wicked ticket lottery and lost again, so we went and got "standing room only" tickets to Les Mis! After the first half we got to sit down in the back row seats, so it really was exciting! The new cast is a little different...I think we're so used to the original cast "sound" that this was an adjustment, but it did fulfill a lifelong dream of seeing Les Mis on broadway!

After the full day of walking around NYC and seeing exciting shows, we drove home, and got back around 5 AM. Needless to say, I'm a little tired, but it certainly was worth it! I heart New York before 11:00 PM!

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a life you live Lizard!!! How fun is New York??? Sounds like you got to do some really cool things. Way to live it up!

Heather said...

Wow! What an adventure! It was way too funny that you called and said you were at Broadway. You funny girl. I hope this week is good for ya.