Over conference weekend, we ate far too many treats, and it was SO worth it!
I just wanted to share my favorite fall recipe, an old family favorite. I have so many great memories of Mom making this and us all eating it!
Gingerbread
1 Egg
3/4 Cup brown sugar
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup boiling water
2.5 cups flour (I use 1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 spelt)
1 1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
Mix in order (sift dry ingredients together first). Bake in a 9x9x2 pan at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with whipped cream and lemon sauce. (We served it with Lemon Ginger Ice Cream from TJs. It was divine!)
Lemon Sauce
2 tbsp corn starch
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon rind
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups boiling water
pinch salt
dash nutmeg
3 tbsp butter
Mix cornstarch, sugar, and grated lemon rind. Add boiling water and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter and lemon juice, sprinkle with nutmeg and salt.
No comments:
Post a Comment