Thursday, January 13, 2011

Starting the year off...


With Jazz Hands! (Everybody loves a good Jazz square!)

Well, folks, we did it! 1/2 Marathon off the bucket list, check!

At the starting gate!


Ryan and Seth and Tom and Shelby picked the perfect location that we ran past a million (ok, 6) times, so they got to stay put and listen to the band and cheer us on every few miles.


Is there a cuter cheerleader? He's even got a pompom.


Proof that I ran. 1:57.44


And we were still smiling!

Ryan just liked his balloon:


Pointing at his shadow:


What a fun group!


I'm a little sad that I always forget to take pictures with Meieli! (Send me your pics of the race, friend!). Thanks to Meieli, we knew about this race to run!! Meieli (see Family re-RUN-ion post) is my inspiration for running, so when she told me that she was coming down to socal to run the race, I HAD to join in the fun! We had a fun post-race lunch at Subway chatting with her and James and their friends Heidi and Allen. What FUN couples--we wish we lived next door so we could hang out all the time!

Honestly, I didn't think I could do this race. 13+ miles? No thank you! And while I was running it, I also didn't think I could do it. OH man, Miles 10-12 were BRU-TAL. It was such an amazing emotional experience, though. I really felt like I went through a somewhat cathartic journey during the whole race--from thinking about all things Ryan, to my journey to find, meet, date, and marry Seth, our experience on both the west and east coast, my many "running" buddies, etc....etc... it was just great!

14 comments:

Suzanne Maughan said...

I caught that High School Musical quote. :)
Go you for doing that! I am nowhere near in enough shape to do that but it is on my bucket list and Id like to accomplish it in the next year (you know, before any more babies decide to take over my body).

Joni said...

You are amazing! Under two hours?! That is a great time. Congratulations. And yes, you did have the cutest cheerleader I can imagine. :)

Julie Bradshaw said...

Janey, I'm so proud of you!!! You look amazing. And your family is so beautiful. I love you.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

WOW! I just have to say that I H-A-T-E running. You're awesome!! I think Seth & Elliot got me running a few times in exchange for a bagel or cream of mushroom soup or silly things like that. :)

Dave and Stephanie said...

congrats! what a great accomplishment. it's incredible what your body can do (even when your mind doubts it).

Allison said...

You are awesome Jane!
You are inspiring me to get my butt moving again.
Thanks!

EmmyJ said...

Jane I'm so proud of you!!! It looks like you kicked some butt! Also Ryan is cuter than ever!! He could totally be a baby model and make lots of money! haha but I need to see him soon!! I think you three need to fly out to the Uk. I haven't seen him since the 4th of July. Once again, congrats and great job <3

cameron said...

FIRST OFF... YAHOO!!!! MORE POSTS!!! I MISS YOUR POSTING. SECOND OFF... you're my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO! YOU LOOK FAB TOO...

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

way to go Jane!!! inspiring! seriously awesome, you should be so proud! oh and Ryan is ADORABLE!

Cara said...

what the what?! you're a.m.a.z.i.n.g! i'm so proud of my bff for running 13+ miles! and in under 2 hours! AND you look cute doing it! if only i could be like you when i grow up...

Jan said...

Way to go Jane! You rock! I'm seriously jealous of your CA weather.

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING. I could never do that!! And you LOOK amazing. Which is a definite plus :)

Harper said...

Way to go, Jane! I am proud of you for running your half-marathon. You are AWESOME!

Funny fact: that second picture you posted of you in the crowd, there is a woman in the bottom right corner. She's in a gray hoodie. Yeah, that's my AUNT! My Aunt Shauna and her family live in Newport Beach, and my cousin was running the marathon, too. Shauna is my dad's younger sister. I had to look at this picture for a solid 2 minutes to let it sink in that there you AND my aunt are, in the same picture!

Small world, eh? :)

Amy D. said...

Jane that looks so fun! Great time, too!!! Really awesome experience, it sounds like. Wade and I have had similar life reviews during races or big runs. It is a life experience! Good for you!