Monday, December 13, 2010

Ryan's First Birthday Party

There is so much to say about Ryan's First birthday that I'm saving it for another post. To sum it up, I LOVED Ryan's actual Birthday. He was adorable and we had so much fun together all day!



The next day we had Ryan's birthday Party! I have to admit I felt a little air of criticism creep in from several people as the party planning was under way. Of course no baby needs a completely detailed "event" type party for their birthday, and it's true that they don't remember it.

The reason why we threw the party is because we felt strongly that we needed to celebrate the year mark for baby Ryan and for our little family. We wanted celebrate his life, his entry to the world, the wonderfully active, involved and adorable little child we have, and the fact that we made it through some terribly emotional postpartum, unemployed, bar-studying, mastitis and biopsy scary times, relatively unscathed!!! So...we do what we know how to do...we celebrate with all of the friends around who have made an impact on his life and on ours! We couldn't have done it without the help of friends and family, so why not CELEBRATE, and celebrate together!!!

(Also...I shamelessly admit that I've always wanted to throw a "cute" party and haven't ever had the chance. It was FUN to work with sister Heather and friend Elizabeth and figure out a cute design for the invite and the decor and cake and refreshments, it was even more fun during naps to put together little projects, it was fun to have Holly make a beautiful sign and for Emily to bring her delicious foods...it was even fun to bust out my wedding "party platters" that Seth couldn't figure out why I wanted so...there's a time for celebration, and this was it!!!)

The Decor:








The Food:










(Picture Missing: DELICIOUS Spinach Artichoke Dip. Mmmmm)

The Dessert:


Ta-Da!!!! Elizabeth is the genius behind the cake and cupcakes. She posted all about it!


S'more Cupcakes.


Caramel Apple Cupcake.

AND for the big event--The Cake!



He couldn't quite figure out the fondant...


and so we peeled back a few layers, and this is how he started out...



And then he got all into it...not eating, but SMASHING! If you're going to watch one video, watch this one, it's awesome!



He pretty much leveled the whole thing!







Ryan had fun playing with his little friends:


He especially enjoys hugging little W:


Some of Ryan's Friends even came dressed in costume:







They are so cute! (...and we're missing little Natalie! She was there and adorable, we missed getting pictures, though!)

All in all, a wonderful day, a wonderful party, with wonderful friends, for our wonderful little baby toddler Boy. It really turned into a party when Seth brought out the balloon animals!

By the end of the party, little Ryan was tuckered out!



Thank you SO much to our friends for joining us in celebrating a year worth remembering!!!

Happy Birthday, Little Man.

5 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

You look beautiful, as always! Good for you for throwing an awesome & cute b-day bash. It's always fun to celebrate with loved ones and good food for any occasion, esp a sweet little guy!

Hilary said...

I'm just going to say it...I'm 30 and I've never had a birthday that cute! Well done! :)

Sarah Stout said...

Wow... the whole party looks great! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time celebrating Ryan's birthday. :)

cameron said...

FIRST, LOVE LOVE YOUR HAIR CURLED. secnod... i wish i gave b a huge cake. so so so fun. third... all your decor is so beautiful.

Lyd Stew said...

WOW! You set the bar high... I can't wait to see his 20th! :) What a fun mom! You are incredibly crafty and gourmet! Check out that spread! Do you have a cooking blog? Where are the recipes! Looks so good! Nice work! Wish I could have crashed the party! :)