I'm so grateful for Seth (who doesn't read my posts very often, so this one is just for everyone else's information!). Today when I mentioned that every joint and muscle in my body ached, Seth sent me up to soak my feet in the bathtub while he prepared the bedroom for my prenatal massage--complete with a tower of pillows on the bed with a hole in the middle so I could lay face-down with my preggie belly in the middle. It was perfect, and just what I needed. Thank you Seth! I love the service love language :)
This weekend Seth helped me put together the Crib, Stroller, and Changing Table. It's so fun to see everything coming together for our little one!
I'm still waiting for my last baby purchases to arrive so I can finish organizing all the "baby stuff", so in the mean time, my nesting involves cooking/baking things that are 1. easy 2. fast (so as to not be on my feet very long and 3. DE-licious. I'm not very good at getting all three of these together, but today's 1 hour rolls did the trick. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm.
I noticed tonight when getting my nightly jug of water out of the fridge that a lot of the food in the fridge probably won't be expired when the baby is here!!! We'll have more info on Thursday after my next Doctor's appointment, but we'll likely be having the baby several weeks early. (He's healthy and strong so it's okay, no worries!).
I've just been feeling an overwhelming gratitude for friends far and near, and for family. I don't know what I'd do without all my sibs--each has contributed to my life in such a positive way and I'm just feeling lucky that we have each other to learn from, we have so many different perspectives to share! And today in RS one of the stories reminded me of Dad, specifically of his charity and humility and ability to really make a difference in whatever capacity he's asked to help--you're such a great example to all of us, Dad. Mom, what would I do without you? You keep me grounded and happy and reasonable ;) I think for me it took having a baby to really recognize the sacrifices a mother makes for her family--thanks for making so many for us, Mom! And Friends...thank you for caring and sharing and being a part of my life. It's so fun to see the many paths that life has taken for my friends--again, the perspectives we all have to offer one another are overwhelming and wonderful to have! There's nothing sweeter than delighting in the joys of our friends, and dividing the sorrows--I mean, High School Musical has something right because "We're all in this together!" (Okay, could I end that sentimentality any lamer? Sorry, it's late people!)
Happy Sunday Night!
2 comments:
thanks for sharing... nice you got a massage. my back hasn't been bad lately... just really bad RESTLESS LEGS!!! AH!!!
you have to take pics of the baby stuff all set up
I'm so excited to see the baby stuff!!! As we discovered the other night, it's much cuter when there's a baby in it. Good thing we don't have to wait much longer!
Post a Comment