In the many places I've lived, I've had the honor of stumbling upon AMAZING friends. Los Angeles proved to be no exception. In our little quirky ward, there are dozens of talented, kind, and wonderful women--some of whom got together to throw me the ROCKINGEST shower I've ever been to!!
When Seth and I were in San Luis Obisbo (post to come) for our anniversary in July, we stumbled upon a store called "Johnsons for Kids" that we thought was fitting--as it had AMAZING baby and kids stuff! While there, i briefly saw a mobile that had "Guitars and Stars" --and upon arriving home I subsequently looked it up and found an entire bedding set called "Rock n Roll" by Lambs and Ivy. Seeing as my Seth is a musical man, and seeing as the first time we felt the baby move was at "American Idol--the Finale" live showing, and seeing as my cute little baby drums along to every beat when we have music playing....we thought the rock n roll bedding might be fitting!
Turns out our friends here flew with the idea, and came up with the theme for a "Rock n Roll" baby shower! They had the whole room decorated with stars and musical notes, and this cute fireplace show:
And these amazing presents: (psssst, the big box is our carseat!!!!)
Our amazing friend Elizabeth is a professional (I want to say Baker? Cook? Chef?...person who makes AMAZING food of all kinds for a living!) and she rocked out this amazing creation!!!
We had some AMAZING food in addition to the cake. Emily (my coworker) brought the chocolate peanut butter mousse cups (pictured in the corner of the above photograph) and some super great spinach salad, Alice brought her famous quiche squares, Donna provided her yummers broccoli peanut salad, Holly made Cucumber sandwiches that were adorable and so tasty, Heather provided delicious fruit salad and Apples and caramel...yum, and Meghan made some amazing white peach grape raspberry punch that was delicious! Thanks so much ladies!!
So I was lucky to have friends from the ward and from work come together for the shower. We have the long-time residents of the ward who came (and who were there in spirit!), two of my coworkers, and even baby johnson's future betrothed!! A smattering of pictures...
Baby R would like to thank all of you for your support and love. He really is so anxious to see all his fun toys and presents--a little too anxious!!! (Posts to follow) Thank you!!!!!
15 comments:
you look great! can't wait for baby johnson!
You look cute!! We saw Seth's parents last night. Can't believe your due date is coming up so soon. Have you guys picked out a name? Are you doing to have a baby shower in Gilbert? Hope to see you soon!
By the way, you do NOT look chunky! You look pregnant -- if you didn't look pregnant something would be wrong (at least that's what Brian keeps telling me, so that's what I'm trying to tell myself)! :)
Jane, you are absolutely adorable!! I love the nursery theme and I cannot wait to see pictures of baby and nursery. I miss you and I love you!!
Janey, I think you look cute in your baby shower gap outfit. How rude of the sales lady. I would have left with out purchasing anything and gone some where else. I actually hate having anyone help me ever in stores, it makes me clam up and I usually leave as soon as possible.
Anyway, it sounds like your shower was awesome. I love the crib and mini quilt that your mom made. It is so adorable. And what a cute cake, and it sounds yummy too.
It was so fun to see you the other weekend. Good luck with everything in the next several weeks. I can't wait to see your little one.
By the way, I love Johnson's up in SLO, I like to go in and dream, such a fun store.
Jane - You look fantastic!!!! Can't wait for baby to come!
Jane, you are awesome! I sure love you guys. Thank baby Ryan for giving us an excuse to have such a fun shower. We're so excited to meet him...but we can wait, so tell him to hang in there!
What a fun shower and I love all of the pictures you posted...anyone who is pregnant can commiserate with the "feeling round and not moving easily" phase of it all, but I assure you that you are your own worst critic! You look beautiful. :) Shame on that Gap Salesperson... please send that letter. They need the feedback and will likely attempt in some way to make it up to you. I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery with that beautiful bedding from your talented mom!
Oh Jane you are the cutest thing! I know you don't beleive it right now (I don't either when I am pregnant) but how FUN for you to experience such a miracle! I can't wait for you to have your sweet little boy. Your shower looked fab and that quilt...WOW. Your mom is amazing. Good luck with everything!
Jane- you are darling!! Don't ever forget that. I think you look cute preggers. Seriously! Look at your darling bump.
Yay! I can't believe he is almost here! I am SO glad to see preggie pictures of you! YOU. ARE. ADORABLE! I miss your face!
Hi Jane! I stumbled across your blog via Marilou's. I hope you don't mind! I think you look great! A very super cute preggie. Congrats and good luck with the new baby. I'm sure he will be adorable! Can't wait to see some pictures.
Carina
Hi, my name is Shelley Gee and I am a blog stalker! I must admit that when I check out Mary's blog I usually take a peek at your's. I figured I should fess up :D Good luck with the baby! I am excited to stalk you again and see some pictures! And by the way, you are adorable!
Jane you look great honey! Also did you know that it's good for you to sleep with something the baby is going to sleep with before he's born since then after he's born he'll be able to smell you on it and be comforted! Great job!
I LOVE your nursery theme! What a great idea to make a little mini-quilt too. :)
Post a Comment