Well, today and tonight we successfully moved a majority of our stuff into the new apt. It feels nice to have things moved. Of course, everything is in the middle of the floor until the apartment management cleans (of course they forgot to clean!) We're working out a few more "issues" (like our queen box spring doesn't fit up the stairs and they didn't inform us of that fact until AFTER we'd signed the lease. sigh.) but I think overall we're gunna make it (gunna make it....gunnnnnnna make it, gunnnnna make it... gunna make it gunna make it gunnamakeit--name that show, anyone?)
Thank you SOOOOOO much to Luke and to Heather (of Tom & Heather our ward friends) for coming to help us move and lift our spirits!!! We appreciate you so much!!!!
This move was A BAJILLION times better than our PREVIOUS move. We truly couldn't have made that last move without the support and love from Family--thanks to many tearful phone calls to Mom&Dad, Siblings, In-Laws, & friends, we made it through.
8 comments:
Yeah - moving wouldn't be moving without some major issue involved - now would it? So - what are you going to do about the box spring issue? Yikes! Be glad you didn't get the California King I guess!
I still can't believe your cockroach truck fiasco. Seriously - I'd need some sort of shock therapy to ever be able to look at a moving truck again.
Love you Janey! Happy unpacking to you!
aw... no bugs??? HOW BORING!!!
What good stories are you going to have to tell about this move?! None! ;)
Nothing can top your exciting cross-country adventure!
Hey- P.S. will you add my email to your blog so it sends me a message when you update? Gracias!
hope the new apartment is going to work out janers. good luck with it all!
Oh my goodness, Jane! That is so crazy that you guys had cockroaches! I actually had a type of mini-cockroach infest my car in Hawaii. I sprained my ankle jumping up and down one time because I THOUGHT one was on me. I'm sorry about that move... but I'm glad you guys are mostly in your new place. Good luck!
Ok - I give up - what movie is that from??
quote is from Three Amigos, when Steve Martin is trying to get from the chains to the lever that will release him from the jail :)
You're so welcome! Thank YOU for all the boxes! It's all about moving karma.
AAAHHHH that is so gross!! Eliott would have flipped! he can do everything but cockroaches. I can't believe you made it all the way to utah like that! you are my new hero!
congrats on the new apt.
Post a Comment