Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley 1910-2008










My heart has been full of mixed feelings all evening. I'm so sad at the loss of our prophet, President Hinckley. I'm so happy for him to be reunited with his beloved Marjorie. He has served over 75 years in the church--he started working for the church in the 30s!

It was nice tonight (or this morning, however you look at it) to just look through some of my favorite photos of President Hinckley and listen to some of his words. I think I'll go to sleep tonight listening to his last conference address.

I feel lucky to have had Pres. Hinckley as our prophet for such a long time, and words cannot give justice to the immeasurable work he has accomplished for the worldwide church.

Today has been a day of reflection--and tonight I realized that Pres. Hinckley's passing is another opportunity for renewal of faith and re-dedication of our lives as we look at a man who has done such a marvelous work.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Well said Amelia - especially the last paragraph! that is so true that is a great time to look at all the fine things President Hinckley has shared with us and to think about our own testimonies and seek to strengthen them.

Heather said...

oh duh... janers... for some reason i thought this was amelia's blog. I loved what you said and I will attibute your fine quotes to the right person. my 12:35 a.m. brain is frozen. I loved your sentiments! (and photos)

Julie said...

Jane- I love your tribute to this amazing man. Even though we knew it was coming it is still unbelievable, isn't it. Thank you for your special thoughts.

Amy D. said...

Beautiful photos, Janey. We love Pres. Hinckley!